Guess what? You don’t have to send an entire box of candy for your Halloween care package. Heck, you don’t even have to send ANY candy. I know, it sounds like I’ve really lost my candy corn now! Even though this post won’t win me any sponsorships with major candy companies, I’m telling you the truth!
Why send things that aren’t candy?
Sure, Halloween and candy go pretty much hand-in-hand, but it may not be the right fit for your care package. Maybe your loved one is trying to eat a bit better while away from home or they aren’t a big candy fan to begin with. Maybe (like me) they have a lot of food allergies so a lot of candy is out of the question because of the ingredients. No matter the reason you’re interested in alternate contents, don’t worry! There are so many options out there!
- Pumpkin-flavored items or roasted pumpkin seeds
- Funny glasses or masks to use at costumes
- Plastic pumpkins or other decorations (lights, fake cobwebs, etc.) to dress up their rooms/offices
- Scary movies or TV shows
- Fall-scented soap
- Fake spiders or rats to pull some tricks on others
- Kids’ Halloween artwork (or even kids’ crafts they can do themselves)
- Halloween-themed playlist (think songs like Thriller or Monster Mash)
- Pictures of little ones wearing their costumes
- Murder mystery books
- Halloween plates, cups and napkins
- Other snacks that come in Halloween-themed containers (like these Oreos)
- Halloween clothing or accessories (these hair ties are so cute!)
If you’re like me and want the contents of your care packages to fit a theme, don’t forget, you could always “dress up” the contents of your box like ghosts, pumpkins, spider, bats or witches!
Will you send non-candy contents in your Halloween care package?
Want even more care package ideas? I’m giving away 165+ ideas (plus what to put in them) here.