Happy Thursday! Today I’m joining Christina over at The New Mrs. in her “Own It” series! I love taking ownership of the things that make me unique and quirky and her link up is full of fantastic ladies doing the exact same thing.
- I talk to B as if he’s a person. We have entire conversations: I ask for his opinion on outfits, I rationalize with him about his behavior, I narrate our day. Some people may think that’s weird. I also think it’s a little weird, but I don’t let that stop me.
- I can’t stand condiments. Ketchup, mustard, relish…they all gross me out.
- I have a legitimate phobia of birds. A did not really understand how I felt about them until one flew into our house. The hysterical fear crying he witnessed pretty much filled in any gaps.
- Baking soothes me. Eating said baked goods soothes me even more.
- I have absolutely zero gardening talent. If green thumbs are a thing, I have a brown one. I once killed a cactus from lack of water. It’s a cactus, you guys. It’s meant to live without water and yet somehow I killed mine. When you think about it, it’s really a miracle that I’ve kept B alive this long. It’s a good thing he makes noise when he’s hungry.
- I hate wearing heels. I avoid them at all costs. Why? Because I’m super hardcore clumsy. I once fell off my flip flops. I wish I could be one of those super stylish women who rocked heels all the time, but self-preservation tells me stick with flats.
What’s something about yourself that you own?