Ok. So maybe pancakes aren’t technically dinner, but who has time for technicalities when these chocolate chip oatmeal pancakes are an option? A has been making me pancakes for almost as long as we’ve been together and has legitimately perfected them to the point where I feel it’s my duty to share the recipe with you.
- 1/2 cup pancake mix of your choice (the “light and fluffy” ones are the best)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (this will create a nice crust on the outside of the pancakes…yummy!)
- Follow the directions on the package for how much water to add.
- Add in the oatmeal, cinnamon, vanilla and olive oil. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes. This helps the pancakes puff up!
- Scoop out 1/4 cup portions of the batter onto a hot griddle (medium heat works best).
- Flip when ready and continue cooking until done.
- Top with warm syrup and serve to a very hungry wife.
I mean seriously. How do you top that?
I’m sharing this post with the wonderful ladies over at Huckleberry Love!