Sometimes you just need a cookie, am I right? Nothing says “everything is going to be ok” like a warm chocolate chip cookie. But sometimes you don’t want to make an entire batch of cookies because you know, health and whatnot. That’s when this cookie in a cup recipe jumps in to save the day!
I originally learned this recipe when I was in college because what says stress eating better than college finals? At the time, I was pretty confident that I had no skills in the kitchen whatsoever, but found this recipe super quick and easy. Once I got over the egg separation part, this recipe quickly became one of my favorites and still is to this day. Because who can say no to warm chocolate chips?
Not this girl.
Super easy and just big enough to share (or not share depending on how your day has gone), this cookie in a cup recipe is the perfect treat, especially when you add a glass of milk.
- 1 T butter, melted
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 T granulated sugar
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1/4 C flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 T chocolate chips
- Melt butter in microwave safe cup.
- Add in egg yolk and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in sugars and vanilla.
- Add flour and salt. Stir until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- Microwave for 1 min and 20 seconds for a soft cookie. A full 90 seconds will give you a drier cookie.