You know that saying about time flying when you’re having fun? Well it’s true and I know it to be so because yesterday, A and I woke up to find that it was our 4th dateaversary.
Four years ago yesterday, A and I met at a local restaurant for the very first time. A few hours later, we’d eaten all of our food and it was waaaaay past my bed time, but it’s safe to say that date had a life-changing impact on both of us.
We celebrate August 14 every year, even if it’s just dinner at that same restaurant. This year, we took it to the next level and went to Savannah for the weekend. We had a great time and were able to reconnect a little bit after a few really crazy weeks. I’ll share more about that trip over the next few days.
But for today I thought it might be fun to share a little bit more about our relationship, especially for those of you who are new ’round these parts. Sorry. Cleary, I’m still not quite done with Savannah.
- I was dead set against dating A because I did not want to date someone in the military. And here I am four years later, a proud Navy wife.
- We’ve traveled to seven states, three new countries and two continents since we’ve been together. I didn’t even have a passport until we got ready to go on our honeymoon.
- On our fourth date, A’s truck was broken into, my purse was stolen, we had to fill out a police report and then he met my parents. But he still came back a few days later for our 5th date.
- We’ve been through 2 deployments, 1 three-month training program, countless business trips and have been separated for almost half of the time we’ve been a couple.
- In that same amount of time, we’ve been through a pinning ceremony, had many amazing homecoming celebrations and weathered quite a few storms that only made us stronger and more respectful of the time we do have together.
Four years down, forty more (at least) to go!