You know what I love? Well, yes, wiener dogs. Ok, polka dots is also correct. Alright, do you know what I love just as much as wiener dogs and polka dots?
Sprinkles. Probably for the same reason that I love wiener dogs and polka dots. They are little bits of tangible happiness practically guaranteed to make your day better. Think about it. Cupcakes. Ice cream. Donuts. When something has sprinkles, it’s ten times better than its sprinkle-less counterpart.<
That’s why these funfetti bar cookies are such a great recipe! They are full of sprinkles and there’s frosting! Don’t even get me started on how I feel about frosting.
Long story made slightly shorter, you’re going to love these and feel like you ate a rainbow of happiness. Ok, so that last part might be a bit of a stretch, but everything else is true.
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Vanilla frosting (I used store-bought, but you could certainly make your own!)
- Extra sprinkles for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9″x13″ baking pan with tin foil and then coat liberally with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in microwave safe mixing bowl and let cool slightly.
- Whisk in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix flour and salt together and then add to the butter mixture, mixing until combined.
- Mix in sprinkles and then pour into baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool completely on wire racks and then remove from pan.
- Frost, top with more sprinkles and then cut into squares.
(This recipe was adapted from Food Network.)