Who loves banana bread?
Who loves cookies?
Who found a way to combine the two into little pieces of heaven?
I am all about these cookies, probably dangerously so. Luckily, they’re very popular at work so I can make a batch and not gain 30 pounds all in one weekend.
They are so easy to make and the banana keeps them soft for days. I mean they won’t last that long before hungry co-workers devour them, but theoretically they would stay soft for days. Plus since they have banana in them, you can kind of justify eating one for breakfast.
And really, what more could you ask for?
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and beat mixture until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mashed bananas and baking soda. Let the mixture sit for 2 minutes. This is what will make your cookies light and fluffy!
- Add the banana mixture into butter and mix until combined.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients together and add to the butter mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon cookies onto baking sheet and bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.