Mondays are hard, y’all. Between getting back into the routine of the work week and recovering from maybe a little too much Sunday Funday, I am usually completely out of energy by the time I get home.
And then it’s 6 and my body decides it’s dinner time. That’s when quick and easy recipes like this one come in handy. From start to finish, my time in the kitchen is probably 30 minutes max and then I’m done! Plus, these are so tasty!
Look at that perfect golden brown color. If you’re like me and tend to veer towards the “extra spicy” and “extra crispy” side of things, then this recipe is perfect. You can customize the measurements and cooking time to really get the chicken tenders of your dreams! You could also be like me and make them smaller (more like chicken nuggets) to either a) be kid friendly or b) satisfy your love of mini food.
For me, it’s currently option B. Don’t judge.
These go perfect with sweet potatoes and green beans! Seriously, this is so easy that you have to try them tonight.
- 1 lb of chicken breast meat, cut into strips or nuggets
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup of Bisquick (I tend to use a little less than 1/3 cup)
- 2 t garlic powder
- 1 1/2 t paprika
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper for seasoning chicken
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Beat egg.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture and then coat in dry ingredients.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Once all chicken has been battered, spray once more with cooking spray.
- Cook for 14 minutes on the top rack of the oven, flipping halfway through.
- Devour them all. Especially the extra crispy ones. Don’t share with your husband. You worked hard today.